Monday, October 26, 2009

4:50 am....12 weeks....13.1 miles....

For the last 12 weeks I have gotten up at 4:50 am (5 days a week), fed Brynlee, and have gone running...all in preparation to run 13.1 miles. Saturday was our half marathon. I ran and trained everyday with my sister Kim. On our long runs we had a friend join us and we all three ran the race.

I made a list of 100 goals when I graduated from high school (some long term, some short term) and one of them was to run a full marathon. Well, now I have done 2 halves and halves makes a whole...right?







Yes, we did get a few "twins" comments...that's what we were aiming for :)






5 comments:

Jenn said...

you're awesome. I'm sooooo out ot shape it's not even funny. Way to go for being so motivated. You guys are cute twinners!!

Jana said...

You are awesome and insperational! I know eventually I will get up to a run!

Anonymous said...

That is so great!!! I have to agree that 2 halfs make a whole as well.....congratulations!!!

Jamie said...

Yes, two halfs make a whole when it comes to running. Congrats on finishing your second race. That is such an accomplishment and I am so inspired by your dedication to run at 5am every morning. Good job!

coca-cola angela said...

I am totally kicking myself for not coming out to support you two! I am SOOO sorry, I will be there next time! So proud of you two.