Friday, September 3, 2010

teaching flashback...

A few friends and I are taking turns teaching our kids preschool starting in a week and a half and I teach first so I pulled out the very few boxes I kept from teaching. While looking through my stuff I found a construction sheet of paper that I always kept on my desk and would write down my favorite quotes that my students would say. Remember these kids are all in 2nd grade so generally 7 turning 8. Here are my favorites...

While showing a show and tell "I have had this for 15 years, since I was a baby."

"I am half Mexican and half Utah."

After announcing to the class that tomorrow is so and so's birthday the soon to be birthday boy said, "Me? It's my birthday tomorrow? I be nine?" He had no idea it was almost his birthday.

I kept a tattle box near my desk so when someone wanted to tell me something that was not appropriate to tell me at that time, they would write it down and put it in the tattle box. One tattle read, "Cinty is cheating on me. From Jakob" Meaning to say cheat off me.

"I have 3 brothers and 1 sister. I am the sister"

"Hunter ruined my life."

A very blonde girl came to me and said, "Kaden said he likes blondes. That's why Shania and I are dying our hair."

2 minutes after he got back from the bathroom he asked to go again. I asked if he really did need to go again and he said, "that was #1. Now it's #2."

One girl was in the bathroom forever so I was telling her she can't waist time playing in the hall and she said, "I was trying to squeeze my poo out. Then I tried hard and it came."

"Who's Mexican raise your hand!"

"I've decided that I am not going to pick my nose anymore."

"My mom keeps snakes in the garage and 1 bit me last night." Confused I ask to see her arm and I see 2 obvious hikees that are exactly at her mouth level when she lifted her arm up. Hmmm snakes in the garage huh?

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I laugh so loud when I read this. Too cute. Kids are so funny. You should post your activities I always love getting new ideas to do with my kids.

rachel garber said...

That is awesome. I love teaching - it's always something different each day!

jeremy and steph said...

haha so so funny! How are you guys?? We need to try and get together sometime!

The Carpenter Family said...

soo funny!!

The Stilsons said...

Those are so funny!& cute! So glad you shared those!!