Tuesday, June 2, 2009

May 31st 2009

It's pretty crazy how fast your life can change! It all started Sunday morning I woke up about 5:30 and couldn't get back to sleep because I was having some contractions. I haven't had very many contractions with this one so I laid there for a few minutes wondering if this was the day. I waited about 15 minutes and then woke Bob up and told him what was going on and that I was going to get in the shower and see if things continued.

After about 45 minutes of contractions ranging from 3-8 minutes apart I called my mom and she walked down from Kim's house just in case. I also called Ang because I knew she had just gotten off work and would be going to sleep soon so I wanted to give her a heads up and have her keep her phone nearby just in case.

So we ate and I packed Jackson's stuff for the day and made some arrangements for him. Kim stayed with Jackson and waited to hear if the hospital would keep us or not and Bob, Mom, and I went to check in. After about a half hour in triage they decided to keep me. We got to our room about 8 and I was a 3 and 100% effaced. I already had my IV in and soon got my epidural.

I knew that I would go pretty fast so we called in the troops and soon had some great company in the hospital room as we waited for little Brynlee. I already had my epidural so I was good to go. I tested positive a few weeks ago for I think it was called strep b?? Anyways, it meant that I needed to get a few bags of antibiotics before she was born.


Mom, Dad, Kim, and Ang were just getting ready to go grab some lunch at 11 when the nurse came in and said the baby was a little distressed so she thought she should check me. Well I guess the baby was distressed because she was ready to come. I was a 9 and Brynlee was all ready.

The nurse was a little nervous because it all happened so fast. We still needed to get the Dr. there and I still had a bag of anibiotics. The Dr. came pretty quickly. Brynlee wasn't waiting any longer so he checked me and broke my water at 11:28. I started pushing and she was here at 11:39am. I know, I can't believe how lucky I am!!! She was much smaller than Jack and I didn't need an episiotomy, but my episiotomy from Jack did tear a little. The bummer was that I didn't get all of the antibiotics in before she came but they kept a close eye on her in the hospital and had to draw some extra blood to make sure she got enough antibiotics in before she was born.

We couldn't believe how much hair she had when she was born! She was beautiful though and we just love her to pieces. It is unreal to think she was inside me a couple days ago and now here she is. Our life will never been the same and we can't wait to see what the future holds for our cute family of 4!

7 comments:

Kristine said...

Seriously cute pics! I can't believe they were napping at the same time. and you are one lucky duck with your "labor" just amazing.

Jenn said...

Thanks for the post, how exciting! So glad that everything went well and now you are all home safe and sound. You are pretty lucky, I would love to have my next labor be as easy as that. Cute pictures of Brynlee!! Can't wait to see more of her as she grows!! Congrats again!

The Carpenter Family said...

so sweet!! YOu are lucky...I hope Iam too!!

Tueller Family said...

I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog. Congratulations on your new little baby girl. Your kids our so cute.

Molly said...

Krista, CONGRATS!! She is an absolute doll! Sounds like everything turned out so well!! I'm so happy for you! Your little family is just too cute. I absolutely LOVE the picture of all 3 of you lovingly staring at the newest addition to your family. Too cute. You and Bob look so happy!

coca-cola angela said...

Thank you so much for letting me experience this with you. It really was a special day! And you are a birthing queen! Give that family of 4 bigs kisses for me!

The Stilsons said...

Brynlee is adorable!! And Jackson is so cute with her!! I can't belive you have two kids now!! Congratulations!! Way to go mommy on the delivery!!