Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Major projects revealed...

We have lived in our house 9 months and have finished up a few major projects. We did hire help to put in the pool fence and install turf, but have done all of the other work ourselves. We have built some simple shelves in the garage, painted the whole downstairs, painted the front door, I redid a hutch, and just finished painting the cabinets. Here are some pics...


Garage before shelves


I bought a hutch on craigslist for $100 to store some of my craft stuff and spray paints.


I painted it red, added bead board, and painted the hardware.
Looks great in my office
This is the only before shot of the front door

Painted the front door red, glazed it, painted the hardware, painted the walls, put in a new light, and there is a sneak peak at my kitchen cabinets.



Did the same outside.
Dining room
Didn't do much, just painted the walls and stuff on the walls

And now for the kitchen...
I have to give a shout out to my good friend Kailey! She spent many hours helping me paint and many hours with aching muscles from bending over and painting! A buddy Troy who brought over his tools and helped redo the island add the molding to the cabinets. And of course all of my great friends for hanging out with my kids while we worked! I am so lucky for such great friends!!!





Added molding, primed, painted, glazed, and clear coated the cabinets, added bead board and wood to the island and did the same painting process. Took 3 or 4 weeks for the kitchen.
I still need to add my hardware and would love to use a router and make one of the cabinets have a glass front and of course the flooring is horrible, but for now, I am happy.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Looks amazing! You are SO talented...sounds sarcastic, but I'm serious.

Jay and Heath said...

Wow! Prima... it looks fantastic! The Hutch looks amazing. Great job, seriously. Come to my house (or future house, I should say)... you're hired! ;)

jeremy and steph said...

Krista, seriously amazing!!! I love it all! The kitchen is amazing and I LOVE the hutch...and your entire office in general...how in the world do you see all that potential in things?!?! great job!
p.s. since it's been five thousand years maybe we should try and get together sometime :) I would love it!
p.p.s. your kids are stinkin' cute!

Tina said...

Wow! You've been busy. It all looks great. Well done!

Beth Curtis said...

holy cow you guys have been busy! It all looks great. I am jealous of all the storage that you have in your garage.

The Stilsons said...

Wow!! You have done awesome!! Are you nesting like me??? Wish I had some nice pictures like yours of before and after. Way to go!

Melissa said...

What an incredible job! You're amazing, Krista! I'm in love with your hutch and about to embark on a similar paint job on a dresser that looks identical! I wish that the bare bones of my kitchen lent themselves to an overhaul like that, but the cabinets are 28 years old and just plain gross!