Thursday, November 18, 2010

Captain Jack is Turning 3!

Even though tomorrow is Jackson's birthday we had his party last Saturday. I loved that he wanted a Pirate birthday because it was so easy to come up with activities.


Captain Jack himself




We played Duck, Duck, Goose as everyone arrived





We had about 6 activities set up and the kids walked around and did the activity and got a prize.
There was the pirate cut out and they got a pirate hat after I took their picture
(ordered from oriental trading for like $5 and glued it on some cardboard- easy peezy)
Pretend you are captain hook (cut an X in plastic cup and pop in a candy cane and then hold candy cane inside the cup) and pick up some pretzels.
Then pick a pirate sword or hook
Dig for treasure in the sandbox
(pirate earing, gold coins, mardi gras necklaces, rings)
Bean bag toss and get a pirate tattoo
Walk the plank (across the pool) and get an eye patch
Dollar tree had had, sword or hook, and eye patch all three for $1!!

And my personal favorite...Sword fight Bob and get a pirate ring




My first fondant cake


Happy birthday to you...happy birthday to you...happy birthday dear Jackson...happy birthday to you!!









Jackson has already told me a couple times that next year he wants a shark party or a dinosaur party. Ha ha.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKSON!!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! What a party! Great job on the cake! I've always wondered if I ever would dare try that one year.

Jay and Heath said...

Haha, sword fight Bob! Love it! So many cute activities... I know I say this everytime... but man, I wish we lived closer =( And I'm with Jenn on the cake, although I have no idea what a fondant cake is (and I may never know), it sure turned out great! Heath

coca-cola angela said...

It was a great party! You did an awesome job, you are hired for all my kids birthday's!

Melissa said...

Hope fun I love it! i bet you love the grass and that it wasn't getting torn up :)

The Carpenter Family said...

such a fun party!! happy bday jackson!!

Lauren said...

That's funny, Jackson just told me this morning at preschool about the shark birthday he's going to have next year. It was a great party!

Randi said...

How fun! Happy Birthday to Jackson. He is such a cute little guy. The ideas for the pirate party are awesome. And you did a wonderful job on the cake. I was going to attempt a fondant cake this year but then got lazy! Was it hard to do?